Sunday, March 26, 2006

Evan Almighty

One of the perks of being Mayor - just about the only perk, actually - is getting invited to cool, interesting events.

Last night was one of these. There was a kick-off party at Starr Hill Brewery for Evan Almighty (the sequel to Bruce Almighty, being filmed here). Lots of people, music, dancing. Interesting people, too. I met the set crew, that are responsible for building everything, and the location people. I met the director, Tom Shadyac - a great thing about being Mayor is it is fairly easy to walk up to someone and just introduce yourself. I tried to meet the lead actor, Steve Carell, but I was hindered by not really knowing what he looked like (he is in a TV series called The Office, which I have not seen) so I didn't actually meet him.

Lots of interesting local folks. Richard Herskowitz, who directs the Virginia Film Festival. Paul Wagner, academy-award winning documentary filmaker. Barry Sisson, who produced The Station Agent. Entertainment lawyer Kirk Schroder, former president of the Virginia Board of Education. And from Richmond, Virginia Film Office Director Rita McClenny.

Now I am hoping to get a chance to see the set and filming...

1 Comments:

Blogger emory said...

when you get that set invitation, how about taking along the official mayoral photographer?

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home