Sunday, March 19, 2006

Run, walk and bike the city

Probably the most fun part of campaigning two years ago was walking door to door. Partly it was meeting people, but also seeing homes up close (and being validated that my porch wasnt the only one in Cville that still had a snowshovel sitting there in April) and just getting a sense of all the neighborhoods.

So when this year began I set a tenative goal - to have walked, biked or run on all the streets in town while a member of city council. I have a map on my office wall where I highlighted the streets I walked during the campaign (which I am including) and now has streets run and biked highlighted.

So I guess this is the announcement of this goal.

The good news is that my running partner of over 20 years, Rich Kovatch, is agreeable to this idea, and this morning we weaved through some JPA and Fry's Spring streets in the course of an hour run. Discovered a business - Cville Imports, on Lewis Street - that I didnt know of, and saw a house on Shamrock with a bamboo teepee in front.

This should be fun.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jordan Conley said...

I'm very new to Charlottesville, a recent transplant from Orlando, FL, but I am very excited to see our taking his message directly to the people. Good Work.

Cheers,
Jordan

10:44 PM  
Blogger emory said...

When you are ready for a bike visit to the Historic Woolen Mills let me know, we can knock out lots of streets!

Greatest neighborhood in existence for biking though caution is required when going head to head with the Concrete Trucks!

9:39 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

C'ville Imports is the best mechanic shop in town!

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home