Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Virginia Film Festival

One of my favorite events, the Virginia Film Festival, starts on Thursday.

Since it started in the mid-80's Jean and I have been fans of the festival. What do I like about it? Well, you get to see films that you (or at least I) would never have even considered seeing. Small, independent films. Often with the director or producer there, or with a thoughtful panel. And every year someone interesting is featured, such as Robert Duvall and Morgan Freeman this year. (Tender Mercies, which is showing on Friday, is one of my alltime favorites).

So what is on my list this year? Well, we are going for the glitz, with tickets for Duvall's "The Apostle" and Freeman's "10 Items or Less" on Friday. We will also see City resident (and Academy Award winner) Paul Wagner's new film "God of A Second Chance" on Saturday, and the screening of the Adrenaline Project films on Sunday. And I hope to fit in "A Flock of Dodo's", a film about intelligent design vs evolution in Kansas...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home