Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Best of C-Ville

I always enjoy the annual Best of C-Ville (maybe getting best chiropractor previously has something to do with it...) and seeing how my choices fare. My family doc (Greg Gelburd) and dentist (David Dalley, above me in the Wellness Center) are on the list, as is my Pilates class, TruPilates. Blue Wheel Bikes made the list - I've been buying bikes there since 1975, congrats on their new location in the Ix Building. I'd hate to have to narrow my favorite restaurants to one or two, but I can't argue with C&O or Zocalo - both are in my top five. Mudhouse, 91.9, Bodos, Albemarle Baking - a lot of good choices. And the pool that we have belonged to for 20 years, Fry's Spring Beach Club, got runnerup; what a great place, with all the shade trees, an enormous pool and the funky clubhouse.

But Meadowbrook Hardware remains my favorite hardware store, no matter what the voters think.

2 Comments:

Blogger Patience_Crabstick said...

Yes, I was disappointed that Meadowbrook didn't win. I like Martin Hardware, but Lowe's? Shopping at Lowe's is a nightmare. Meadowbrook's aisles are crammed with all kinds of interesting things. It's like visiting a museum.

8:01 AM  
Blogger emory said...

Meadowbrook is the place. In 20 years of going in that store they have never disappointed. The employees know what they stock and where it is located!

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home